OK, so here’s the deal- eating nutritious food can be difficult, sure, but it can also be super easy! One key trick to master is stacking your deck (or recipe books) with some quick and easy, yet tasty meals. This Thai Coconut Curry Soup is just one of those. If you can boil water, you can make it, so hop to and give it a go! You won’t regret it!
- 2T extra virgin olive oil (evoo)
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 4t minced lemongrass (or 2 drops of consumable lemongrass essential oil)
- 4t fresh ginger, grated
- 2T curry powder
- 1/2 t crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 c vegetable broth
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, cut in large chunks
- 3 red potatoes, diced
- 2 c finely shredded Napa cabbage
- 4 c unsweetened coconut milk
- fresh lime wedges, cilantro, parsley, or green onion for garnishing*
- 1 lb medium shrimp* OR 1 chicken breast diced*
*optional, leave out meats for vegan/vegetarian version
- In a large pot heat evoo, garlic, lemongrass and ginger over medium heat just until slightly cooked.
- Add curry powder, red pepper flakes, and vegetable broth. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a light boil. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, cabbage, and a dash of salt. Lightly simmer, then remove from heat.
- Serve over rice and top with lime, fresh cilantro or parsley, green onion, or crushed red pepper flakes.
Double the recipe and eat again later. It tastes even better on day two!