Mornings can be a rush for time and energy, and fitting in a solid breakfast can be tough to do if you’re not prepared. Cheat the system and make this delicious breakfast casserole, stuffed with your favorite omelette add-ins, ahead of time so all you have to do is reheat and eat!
- 12 eggs
- 1 1/2 c milk
- 1 t salt
- 12 oz cooked breakfast meat of your choice (optional)
- 1 1/2 c shredded cheddar
- 1/2 finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/2c-1c of your favorite vegetable omelette add-ins e.g. mushrooms, tomatoes, bell peppers, asparagus tips, etc.
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Whisk the eggs and salt, then add in the milk.
3. Add in all other ingredients, then pour into prepared 9×13 baking dish.
4. Bake ~50-60 minutes, or until eggs are set.
5. Serve, then store extra in the fridge for busy mornings or it the freezer for later.
Here’s another quick and easy vegetable recipe to add to your recipe book that will help you stack the deck towards eating more nutritious food. This tasty side is a staple at Sunday dinners with our family, and makes it incredibly easy to get more vegetables in the kids. Give it a go, and it will quickly become one for your family, too!
- carrots, diced
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil), enough to coat
- salt and pepper
- feta, as little or as much as you want
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Dice carrots, then toss in EVOO and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread on a baking pan, but be sure not to crowd or you’ll end up steaming them instead of roasting them.
- Roast for about 15-20 min, then turn and roast for about 5-10 min more.
- Remove from the oven and put into a serving dish, then toss with feta.
Double the recipe and eat again later!
Time Saving Tip:
Chop extra carrots and toss them in a freezer bag for later to cut prep time in half! #batchcooking
If you’re at all like me and love chocolate, you should give yourself a “gimmie” with these easy and delicious, decadent and gooey vegan gluten-free brownies. They come together in minutes and will totally satisfy any sweet tooth you may have. They’re rich and decadent, so savor each bite and enjoy the flavors to their full potential!
Recipe modified from http://beamingbaker.com
- 1/4 c almond butter
- 1/2 c coconut sugar
- 1/3 c pure maple syrup
- 1/4 c + 2 T melted coconut oil
- 3/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 flax eggs (2 T ground flax + 6 T water, stir, let sit till gelatinous)
- 1/4 c + 2 T paleo baking flour (I use an almond/oat blend)
- 1/2 c vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F, then line a 9″ round pie dish (you can also use an 8×8 square baking pan, but I like the pizza pie shape, personally).
- Combine almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, and coconut sugar until all combined.
- Add cocoa powder in 3 installments, mixing each time until shiny, then mix in vanilla and salt.
- Add flax eggs and finally flour, then fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake about 30 minutes, then slice and slowly savor every little bite!
Double the recipe and freeze the extras for later!