If you’re at all like me and love chocolate, you should give yourself a “gimmie” with these easy and delicious, decadent and gooey vegan gluten-free brownies. They come together in minutes and will totally satisfy any sweet tooth you may have. They’re rich and decadent, so savor each bite and enjoy the flavors to their full potential!
Recipe modified from http://beamingbaker.com
- 1/4 c almond butter
- 1/2 c coconut sugar
- 1/3 c pure maple syrup
- 1/4 c + 2 T melted coconut oil
- 3/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 flax eggs (2 T ground flax + 6 T water, stir, let sit till gelatinous)
- 1/4 c + 2 T paleo baking flour (I use an almond/oat blend)
- 1/2 c vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F, then line a 9″ round pie dish (you can also use an 8×8 square baking pan, but I like the pizza pie shape, personally).
- Combine almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, and coconut sugar until all combined.
- Add cocoa powder in 3 installments, mixing each time until shiny, then mix in vanilla and salt.
- Add flax eggs and finally flour, then fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake about 30 minutes, then slice and slowly savor every little bite!
Double the recipe and freeze the extras for later!