I can’t love chocolate and not post a recipe for the classic chocolate chip cookie! Adapted from the original chef who tried to make chocolate cookies by putting chunks of chocolate in her cookie dough, I give you the original Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe- the best failed attempt at innovation probably ever!
- 2 1/4 c flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 1 c butter, room temperature
- 3/4 c white sugar
- 3/4 c packed brown sugar
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 c dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Beat together wet ingredients until creamy.
- Sift together dry ingredients, then gradually add to the wet ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips, then drop by tablespoon onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, then cool and enjoy!