These double chocolate chip cookies are the rich kind of chocolatey, and they freeze well, making them a great dessert to make ahead or split and save for later! Enjoy! Adapted from allrecipes.com.
- 1 cup room temperature butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 2 c flour
- 3/4 c cocoa powder
- 3/4 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 c dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all of the wet ingredients until light and fluffy.
- Sift together the dry ingredients, then stir into wet ingredients until well incorporated. Add in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Scoop by teaspoon onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 8 minutes.