This tasty and savory chicken tortilla soup will warm your heart right up, especially during the holiday season! Enjoy!
- 2 chicken breasts braised, cooled and shredded
- 1 large white onion, chopped and sautéed in 2 T olive oil
- 1/4 t onion powder
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1 t cumin
- dash cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can herded salsa casera
- 1 10 oz bag frozen corn
- 1/2 pint cream
- Mix all in crock pot and simmer on low til warm throughout.
- Top with cotija cheese, cilantro, and tortilla chips.