White Lasagna Soup
A delicious, rich yet light, comforting one-pot meal by @rabbitandwolves.
1 Cup Raw cashews, soaked
1 Cup Vegetable broth
1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
Pinch of Salt and pepper
1 Tablespoon Olive oil
6 Cloves Garlic, chopped
1/2 a Sweet onion, chopped
Juice of 1 Lemon
6 Cups Vegetable broth
2 Teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/4 Cup Nutritional yeast
8 Lasagna sheets
Salt and Pepper
1. Soak the cashews for 6-8 hours, or overnight. (In a pinch? You can soak the cashews in boiling water for about 15- 30 minutes.
2. Once you are ready to make the soup, make the cashew cream first. Drain the soaked cashews and blend them with the rest of the cashew cream ingredients. Blend on high, scraping down the sides as needed until the cream is super smooth and velvety with no texture. Be patient! This may take a few minutes.
3. In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil on medium high. Add the garlic and onions and saute, reducing heat until the garlic and onions are slightly caramelized, around 5-10 minutes.
4. Add the lemon juice to the pot and stir, then pour in the vegetable broth and whisk in the Italian seasonings and nutritional yeast.
5. Pour the cashew cream into the pot and whisk to combine everything.
6. Season with a few pinches of salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
7. Break the lasagna sheets into about 1-2 inch pieces and add them to the soup.
8. Simmer, stirring frequently until the noodles are al dente.
9. Once the noodles are done, taste and adjust seasoning. Serve immediately. For an added dose of greens add spinach or kale to your bowl and pour the soup over top. Top with fresh herbs and enjoy!