Why pay for play dough when you can have even more fun making it before you play with it! This easy recipe from domesticsuperhero.com is a great way to save money and show your kids that the kitchen isn’t just for eating. Enjoy!
- 1 c flour
- 1 c water
- 2 t cream of tarter
- 1/3 c salt
- 1 T vegetable oil
- gel food coloring
- Mix together all the ingredients except for the food coloring, in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over low/medium heat, stirring consistently. Once the play dough begins to thicken, add the food coloring.
- Continue stirring until it is very thick and sticks to the spoon.
- Once tacky enough to handle but not stick to you, remove and cool on wax paper or a ceramic plate to cool for 30 minutes.
- After cooling, knead play dough for a few seconds, then have away with it! Be sure to store in an airtight container in the fridge so it doesn’t mold.